BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, March 28, 2011

Reflections of Venice

I arrived back in Seoul last night a complete wreck.  I was exhausted from nearly 24 hours spent traveling yet completely wide awake because of the drastic time difference, sick to my stomach, and feeling very introspective about the week I had just spent in Venice.  So many emotions were cropping up that I'm not sure I understand yet, but I do know that the last week was one of the best travel experiences I have ever had.  It wasn't the sightseeing (because we hardly had time to see much) or shopping (nope, not much of that either) that made this trip memorable.  Instead, I think it was the sense of connectedness I felt to the city and the people I met there.  I didn't go out and take the city by storm and that was entirely okay with me.  As I sit here writing this, I feel content that I saw a snapshot of the real Venice without all of the touristy hype and I absolutely loved it.  Had someone given me the opportunity and financial resources to make a permanent home in Venezia I would have taken them up on it in an instant.  That sounds absolutely crazy, doesn't it?  As I sort through everything I learned over the last week I'll start writing some blog posts that will give you a look at what I spent the week doing and how it has caused me to do some serious reflection about where I am now and what the future might hold.  A week ago I thought I was simply taking a vacation to an incredible place...I certainly wasn't prepared to be changed.  I guess that's the great thing about travel--it is full of unexpected experiences.  Stay tuned for more this week...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here...