BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My New Little Rebel

This week I took the plunge and invested in a new DSLR camera.  What does that mean exactly?  Well, this camera is still digital and has a fully automatic mode, but now I can switch to a manual mode where I'll have to learn how to be a real photographer and do all of the adjustments myself!  I am just beginning to learn the language of photography so things like shutter speed, aperture, and f-stops are still foreign words to me but I think with some time to research and time to play I can figure out the basics.  Artsy friends, I'm counting on you for some guidance too!  Anyway, I took my shiny, new Canon Rebel T3i out of the box for the first time today and took a few shots in my parents' yard.  Here's what I ended up with!

The Close Up setting on my camera is so cool!
This one is my favorite!!





I was shooting these photos at twilight, so the light wasn't great, but I'm really impressed with the sharpness of the details in my photos and I'm excited to start playing around with the other pre-set modes to see what they'll do.  I've also started looking at lenses, filters, and other fun accessories.  I can feel a new obsession coming on!!  Hopefully I'll have time to take some more pictures around Junction City before I head back to Korea in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here...