BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Gratitude

As I walked home from school today (yes, it took a whole 4 minutes) I was overcome with feelings of gratitude for all of the wonderful things present in my life in Seoul. There have been no major revelations or happenings...it is more a collection of small blessings that have resulted in these warm fuzzy feelings. Here's what I'm grateful for:
  • A low key, but satisfying week of teaching and learning in all of my classes
  • The transition from summer to fall--the temperature is dropping and the humidity is finally gone! I can't wait to see the leaves start changing!
  • A trip to Costco that resulted in a fridge and freezer full of food I can eat, including lots of awesome fresh fruit!
  • Time to read and finish a good book ("Without Reservations, the travels of an independent woman" by Alice Steinbach--it was a fun read for a traveling girl like myself!)
  • The arrival of my Amazon.com order--two new books and a movie!
  • Emails from family members--nothing like a little support from people who love you!
  • A postcard arrived that I sent from Japan to remind myself of the amazing experience I had during Chusok
  • Stumbling across some silly photos taken with my webcam in Japan where I connected with an old friend and made a few new ones
Fun with Masae and Kahori
Trying out the fish-eye function:)
  • A little extra time to go out exploring in the neighborhood
  • A few fun finds for my apartment that are making the place feel more and more like home
  • Wonderful colleagues and students, including a group of seven fun-loving freshman ladies that I have the opportunity to disciple this year (we spent today's time making prayer journals for the year and it was such fun to see the girls release a little stress and enjoy spending time together)
  • The prospect of more incredible travel adventures to come
  • A hair appointment scheduled for this weekend (small victories)
  • Two full days to rest, explore, and re-charge before another busy week at SFS!
Although I am tired, I am flooded with feelings of contentment and I know that I am exactly where I am supposed to be. As I get ready to head off to bed, I thank God for all of these amazing blessings and send up prayers for all of the wonderful people in my life. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here...