BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Museums and More

So, today I ditched the Windsor plans in favor of spending some more time in the city.  Today was my latest start by far so I didn’t cover as much ground as I wanted but it was still an enjoyable day.  I missed breakfast entirely, but found my way to Starbucks for more homework fun.  The rest of the day I spent meandering around the Victoria and Albert museum.  There is such a great diversity of things to see that one could come back again and again!!  Here are a few snapshots of what I saw...
Taken from the inside courtyard at the V&A.


The main entrance
Isn't this a fantastic chandelier?!



A wall of faces.

Plaster casts of Traejan's Column--I've seen the real one in Rome!

Middle Eastern tile

Since it was still fairly early, I decided to take the long way home by walking from the museum through a part of Hyde Park where I could catch the tube from a different line.  I knew it would be quite a walk, but the distance on the map didn’t prepare me for the length of the stretch I chose.  Thankfully it was a lovely afternoon and I rather enjoyed my long stroll.  I deviated from the road to see the Princess Diana Memorial Fountain (which is quite different than what I expected to see, but still very beautiful) and to snap a few photos.  

The Princess Diana Memorial Fountain (which is more like an infinity river but very cool)


So picturesque!

I really love English gardens
Finally I made it through the park and was underground on the tube before I knew it.  Scrounging up some dinner was more of a task than I’d anticipated.  I was excited to try the sushi restaurant near my dwelling and ordered what I thought would be a delicious roll.  Oh dear, not even close!  The roll was actually a cone and the contents were pretty nasty so I opted for a take away sandwich instead and turned in early.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here...